Every 67 seconds someone is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. By 2050 it’s anticipated that this will jump to every 33 seconds. You may already have experienced this terrible disease with a family member, loved one or friend.
“Grace In Action”has a new opportunity to serve those with Alzheimer’s disease and their caregivers, within our church family. We are looking to develop an Alzheimer’s Care Team of from 4 – 10 volunteers, under the direction of St Peter’s Health Partner’s and the Eddy Alzheimer’s Services.
Jesus has called us to be His hands and feet to those in need. What a better way to do this than to provide this type of care to someone who may be experiencing this in our church family? The Alzheimer’s Care Team will provide support and companionship to individuals with some form of memory loss, whether it is due to Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementias. As a team member you have the opportunity to provide much needed respite to caregivers and socialization to the person with the disease.
Examples of volunteer activities include:
· Lending a listening ear, visiting for socialization
· Running errands, picking up groceries or a prescription at the pharmacy
· Listening to music or watching a ballgame
· Taking a walk, visiting a museum or enjoying other community outings
· Delivering a hot meal, preparing lunch
· Providing the caregiver with “a break” and much needed respite!!!
The Eddy will be providing training and direction along the way. If you have any interest in hearing more about the Alzheimer’s Care Team and how you can make a significant difference for Christ, please contact Warren DeLollo at