Serving the Needs of Our Own Congregation
How to request assistance
Vision: The vision of this aspect of Grace in Action (GiA) is to serve Grace Fellowship attenders in a practical way by mobilizing volunteers to perform acts of service, in a spirit of love and humility. It’s all about living out the principle of Galatians 6:10 –
“Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”
Need: Many of us at one time or another, have or will find ourselves in a difficult or challenging situation, where the compassionate assistance of fellow believers would be a blessing. The circumstances can vary greatly, including but not limited to the following: loss of employment, low income, disability, health crisis, loss of a spouse, and aging, just to name a few.
The scope of services offered: The following is a list of the service categories currently being offered:
- Landscaping (lawn mowing, gardening, yard work)
- Home maintenance (minor repair)
- Moving (sorting, packing, transporting)
Getting started: The process begins with the completion of a very brief application which is designed to simply inform us that a need exists. There are two (2) different types of applications available for completion via the buttons above.
- Apply for yourself – To be completed by the person requesting assistance.
- Apply for a friend – To be completed by a friend, family member or someone who is personally aware of a need within our congregation.